Cover Letter Tip Sheet
- The cover letter should be sent with your Resume.
- This is your opportunity to sell yourself to the person doing the review.
- Remember this is a letter which allows you to relate your work experience to the job. This should not talk about your personal life.
- Be concise.
- Why exactly you are interested in their company
- Explain exact skills which you have which fit the job ad.
- Briefly tell an experience which relates directly to the job.
- Proof read carefully.
- Cover Letters are about what you can do for the company.
- Look at the wording of the job ad and use the relevant words in the job ad in your cover letter.
Professional Cover Letter Samples
What not to do in your Cover Letter:
- Do not just repeat what is in your resume. Assume the person doing the hiring can read your past work experience. Tell them how it relates to the specific job.
- Keep it brief and be concise.
- Do not give Personal Details.
- Don’t focus on your training or education. Focus on relevant work experience.
- Address the letter to a real person. Take some time to research.
Since you are familiar with Word, here is where you can find some Cover Letter Templates:
- Click on the file tab
- Click on the New tab
- Select the Letter Option in the choices to the right.
- In the Search Box, type "Cover Letter"
You will be given a number of templates. (Also you find a number of options for Fax Cover Sheets)
YouTube Video Instruction: