Go to www.gmail.com and login to your gmail account. It will take you to the main page of your account.
- A new blank window will open. Click in the “to” box and type in the email of the person you want to contact.
- You might want to include someone else in your email to “keep them in the loop.” You can do this by clicking Cc or Bcc, which will open another field. Cc means carbon copy and Bcc means blind carbon copy. Adding an email address to the Cc field means that the person will receive a copy of the email and all the other recipients will see their email address. If an email address is placed into the Bcc field, the person will get a copy of the email but no other recipients will see that address.
- Type your subject into the subject field. This gives the recipient an idea of what is in your message. While subjects are not required to send an email, it is a good idea to include one for the purposes of clarity.
Email can be formatted just like a word document. You can change the font style, color, and size by using the formatting icon. You can also create bullet points and check the spelling in your message. Choose the formatting from the menu shown.
- Type your message in the main body of your email.
- When you’re happy with your email, click the blue “send” button.
- Your email will send and will be stored in the “sent mail” folder.