Setting up an E-mail Account with Gmail
Open your internet browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari) and go to Gmail.com
Type in the requested information:
- First and last name
- Choose your username – when you type in your choice, the computer will tell you if that is already taken. If it is, you will have to choose again.
- When choosing your user name, remember to keep it professional since this will be used for job applications and resumes. (Avoid things like bikerchick89 and steelerfan82).
- Create a password – type it in both boxes – and write it down so you won’t forget.
- Mobile phone – put in the correct number. This will allow you to easily get back into your email if you forget the password.
- Then add your email address.
- Type in the letters or numbers in the verification box
- Click “Next Step”
- A screen will come up welcoming you to Gmail – click “Continue to Gmail”
- This should take you to your Gmail inbox, where you can send emails, create contacts, and receive emails.